Here comes the guide| Here is what you want to know about antigen testing under the COVID-19 epidemic
Under the influence of the current epidemic situation, our life has been limited to a certain extent. Making nucleic acid every day has become a necessary thing in our life. However, with China’s defense measures against the epidemic, China has introduced two methods of nucleic acid detection:
Second, the medical staff will carry out nucleic acid testing.
For the two kinds of nucleic acid detection, we hope we can pay attention to the following points:
（1） Preparation before antigen self-test
1. Wash hands. Wash hands with flowing water or hand disinfectant.
2. Understand the testing process. Carefully read the supporting instructions of antigen self-test reagent and relevant precautions for antigen self-test.
3. Reagent preparation. Check whether the antigen self-test reagent is within the warranty period, and check whether the nasal swab, sampling tube, test card and other contents are missing or damaged. If the reagent is expired or the contents of the reagent are missing or damaged, the test reagent shall be replaced in time.
4. Confirm the requirements for ambient temperature and humidity. The colloidal gold test strip is generally required to be tested under the normal temperature of 14 ℃ – 30 ℃, so as to avoid abnormal test results caused by supercooling, overheating or excessive humidity. The antigen detection card shall be placed in a flat and clean place after unpacking.
（2） Sample collection
The self inspector first blows his nose with toilet paper. Carefully unpack the nasal swab to avoid contact with the swab head. Then, tilt the head slightly, hold the tail of the swab in one hand and stick it to the nostril of one side, and slowly penetrate 1-1.5cm backward along the bottom of the lower nasal tract. After that, rotate the swab to the nasal cavity for at least 4 circles (the dwell time is not less than 15 seconds), and then repeat the same operation for the other nasal cavity with the same swab.
（3） Antigen detection
1. According to the reagent instructions, put the nasal swab after collecting the sample into the sampling tube immediately. The swab head should be rotated and mixed in the storage solution for at least 30 seconds, and at the same time, squeeze the swab head by hand across the outer wall of the sampling tube for at least 5 times.
2. Squeeze the liquid of the swab head through the outer wall of the sampling tube and discard the swab. After the sampling tube is covered, drop the liquid vertically into the sample hole of the detection card.
3. According to the reagent instructions, wait for a certain time before reading the results.
4. The results are interpreted as follows:
Positive results: red or purple bands are shown at “C” and “t”, and the bands at “t” can be dark or light, which are all positive results.
Negative results: red or purple bands are shown at “C” and no bands are shown at “t”.
Invalid result: no red or purple band is displayed at “C”, no matter whether the band is displayed at “t”. The result is invalid, and the test strip shall be taken again for retest.
（4） Waste disposal.
1. Isolate the observer. No matter whether the test results are negative or positive, all used sampling swabs, sampling tubes, test cards, etc. shall be put into sealed bags, and the management personnel shall refer to the medical wastes or dispose according to the procedures.
2. Community residents. If the test result is negative, all nasal swabs, sampling tubes and test cards after use shall be put into sealed bags and treated as general garbage; If the test result is positive, the personnel shall be transferred to the medical institution for treatment as medical waste.